A first impression is a lasting impression. All sellers are looking for a quick sale and perhaps the best way to get your home under contract in the least amount of time is staging your home properly.
Here are some helpful tips to ensure your home sells quickly:
– Maintain Your Yard: Be sure to mow and trim your yard often and put out some splashes of color – perhaps a few annuals around the walkway or entrance to your home.
– Paint Your Front Door: If your door is looking faded or a little worse for wear, a fresh coat of paint can make all the difference in the world.
– Bake Some Cookies: This may sound like an odd suggestion at first blush but bake some fresh cookies before your next open house. Buyers not only see a home but they also smell it. Create a warm, homey environment by making sure that your home smells great not only during open houses but anytime you have a viewing scheduled.
– De-clutter: Buyers need to be able to see the features of a home so if you have a lot of collectibles around your house, that’s what the buyer sees, not all of the great things the house has to offer like tall ceilings or a gorgeous fireplace. Make your house inviting with minimal furnishings and decorative items. Also, remove any personal items like photos and memorabilia – buyers need to be able to envision themselves in the space.
– Make Yourself Scarce: Finally, if you have a viewing scheduled, make sure the house is empty. If your or a loved one or even you pet are at home when a potential buyer is looking at the house, it can make for an awkward situation and that uncomfortable feeling will remain with the buyer instead of them thinking how much they loved the house.