Whenever we think about organizing, we always think about the clutter that is in front of us. Have you
ever taken time to think that organizing your life not only means decluttering but it also means making
up your mind that you are going to change your way of thinking/living? When you are INTENTIONAL, it
means being deliberate about what you want and how you want your life to be. As we are beginning
this New Year, let’s take an inventory on how we are going to organize our lives. These are just a few
tips to help you on your road to being INTENTIONAL.
1) Self-examine where you are now and where you want to go.
2) Make an inventory list to include the things that you want to keep in your life and the things you
want to discard. (i.e. this could be friends, family members, coworkers, papers, clothes, etc.).
3) Once you have narrowed down your list, begin to prioritize the items that are most important to
you right now. The things that you are discarding remove them FOREVER. (from your written list
and start working on discarding them in your mind)
4) Items that are at the top of your list (your Top 5) put them in a place where you will see them
daily. (i.e., this could be a scripture, a reminder to organize your closet, shoes, room, drawer,
motivational tip, picture of a person, or even a positive word, etc.)
5) Meditate on your Top 5 daily.
6) Share your Top 5 with your innermost circle.
7) Live your Top 5. Begin to see your organized life take shape.
8) Continue focusing on your Top 5 but once your Top 5 items have become a part of you begin to
add one item at a time to further your quest to be organized.
9) Send yourself a message that I am going to be INTENTIONAL about what I want to do and who I
want in my life.
10) BE INTENTIONAL ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU DO, EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE AND EVERY STEP YOU
Be prepared and know that as you are being INTENTIONAL about organizing your life that there may
be oppositions from close friends, family, and business associates. You need to understand the
bigger picture because being INTENTIONAL will also steer you on your road to success and peace in